2015-01-09

Live close to Him

Share

I'm reminded of a little Irish woman come across the sea here some time ago, and she was on her road over here. The jazz bands on the ship was all playing, you know, and going on. And after while there come a great storm, and they sent out SOS calls and so forth.

And the captain run down, he said, "Stop your playing a minute." Said, "We just received word from New York. If we can't hold out thirty minutes, we're going to the bottom of the sea." Said, "Change your music." Said, "All of you pray."

And everybody fell on their knees, and the bands begin to play "Nearer My God To Thee." And all of them begin to pray, and the ship rocking back and forth, and pitching through the waves. The little old Irish mother with a long dress on, long sleeves, and long hair, walked up-and-down was hollering, "Hallelujah. Hallelujah."

When they said, "Why don't you pray, woman?"

She said, "I'm already prayed up. I'm ready." That's right. Walk with Him; be ready.

55 So after while, they kept on, the captain come back and he said, "Lady, what's the matter with you?"

Said, "Oh, I'm so happy."

Said, "Did you understand what I said? If this ship don't hold out, if it holds out—won't hold out thirty minutes, we're going to the bottom of the sea."

She said, "I understood it. Hallelujah."

Said, "What do you mean by that, woman?"

Said, "I'm praising God."

Said, "And you going to the… might be in the bottom of the sea in fifteen minutes from now?"

Said, "Sure." Said, "I'm on my road from Ireland over to America to see my daughter. I haven't seen her for thirty years, and I'm on my road to see my daughter in America." And she said, "If the boat holds out thirty minutes, I'll see her in America." And said, "If it don't hold out, I got one in glory. I'll see one of them in the next thirty minutes. Hallelujah."

That's it. Prayed up, walking with Him, you don't know what time a squeak of brakes, and you're going out into eternity. Live close to Him. Stay in the veil.

Where I Think Pentecost Failed - 55-1111 - William Branham

 

No comments: