2010-01-17

Praise the Lord, for healing me

Share
33. I remember old John Rhyn. He come through the prayer line at Fort Wayne, been blind for years. And he's Catholic by faith, and he came through the prayer line.
Now, to you Catholic... You know, I'm Catholic too. You knew that, didn't you? Sure, I'm Catholic.
I met a fellow the other day. He said, "Billy, the strange thing to me is, that you--your sincerity, and yet not Catholic."
"Oh," I said, "I am a Catholic."
He said, "I didn't know that."
I said, "Oh, yes."
"Aw, now..."
And I said, "Sure. Yes, sir." I said, "Now, is it true..." My people we're Catholic. And when... I said, "Is it true that the Catholic church teaches that this is the history of the Catholic church? Jesus Christ ordained the Catholic church, twelve Apostles, made Peter the first pope."
"That's right." He will agree with that.
I said, "Well then, you know, when He set up the first pope, Peter, and He set up all the apostles, and they wrote this..." I said, "Now, of course, you said the church has power and authority to change anything they want to." They believe that. See? They don't teach the Bible, because it's something in the past. I said, "Then I just believe what the first bunch of Catholics taught. So I'm an old fashioned Catholic."
"Peter said, 'There's no other mediator between God and man,' the first pope that walked with Jesus. And now, you've got all kinds of dead women, and dead men interceding and things. I--I... See? I don't... I believe the old fashion Catholic. And you know, Jesus, the Establisher said in the last book of the Bible, 'If any man will take anything out, or add anything to, the same will be taken out of the part Book of Life.' So I'd just rather be an old fashioned Catholic. See?"

34. So this man come to the platform, and he said... And he passed by, and the Holy Spirit came, said, "You are blind, sir. Your name is John Rhyn."
"Yes, sir. That's right."
And I said, "You beg for your living, and sell pen--or newspapers it is, on a corner."
"Yes, sir, that is right."
I said, "You been blind from an explosion, happened years ago."
"That is true." see, he said.
And I looked back, and I seen the old man seeing in a vision. I said, "THUS SAITH THE LORD, you're healed."
He started off the platform; he said, "But, I--I don't see."
I said, "That has nothing to do with it. You're already healed. God said so. I'm seeing in a vision."
He said, "Well, what shall I do?"
I said, "Just keep praising God for healing you."
So he come back in a few minutes; he said, "But I'm not healed yet."
I said, "You told me you believed me."
He said, "I did."
I said, "Do you still?"
He said, "I do."
I said, "What are you questioning me about then. Go on, believe."
So he said, "Well, what must I do?" He said, "I'm Catholic."
I said, "Well, that's all right. But I want--I want you to keep believing."
He said, "What must I do?"
"Keep thanking God for your healing, just like Abraham did: Call those things that which are not as though they were."

35. And the next night, he was setting up in the second balcony. And every once in a while, he'd say, "Everybody keep still." He'd raise up and say, "Praise the Lord, for healing me." Set back down. I was preaching, he just stop me. And every... He'd get out on the corner selling his papers, holler, "Extree: Praise the Lord, for healing me. Extree. Praise the Lord, for healing me." And selling his papers...
About two or three weeks after I left, a little boy led him across to the barber shop. Now, he's preaching Divine healing on the land--on the field today. And so, led him across to the barber shop to get a shave.
Well, a little smart aleck barber, you know, had more intelligence than he had gumption to know how to control. So he set him back in the barber chair, and lathered up his jaws, and shaved about one side down. He said, "Say, dad, I heard you was up to see the Divine healer when he come up."
Said, "Yeah, I was up."
He said, "I heard you got healed."
He said, "Yes, praise the Lord for healing me." And his eyes come open. And he jumped up out of the barber chair with the towel on his neck and the barber chasing him with a razor in his hand. Down the street they went. "Praise the Lord, for healing me." See, he stayed with it. Stay with it. Hold on. God said so. That settles it. Stay right there. Oh, it'll take place if you can believe it. Hold on; that's what Abraham...

36. Why, the doctor said, "Old fellow, you'd better go back home 'cause you're getting a little bit off your mind."
He, "Glory to God, we'll have it anyhow."
Maybe the doctor send a runner out and said, "Hey, what about that baby case?"
"Going to have it anyhow. Praise the Lord. Going to have it anyhow. It's all finished. God said so. We got the boots; we got the pins; we got the birdeye. We got everything ready; it's coming."
"When's it going to be here?"
"I don't know. But God said it anyhow; we're going to have it. Amen. That settles it. I don't know when it's going to be; that's up to His wisdom. But we're going to have it."
When a man takes God at His Word, you're going to get it. I don't care what takes place; God said so. That settles it forever. That's all of it.


Abraham's Seed - 59-0423 - William Branham

No comments: