2010-02-03

You have forgot the main thing

Share
94. Little story one time I heard, of a man who was, oh, he was poor. And he--he always wanted to... It's a little fairy story, like. It always stuck with me, though. And one day he picked a flower. And the flower was magic, and the flower answered to him, and said, "You've been poor all your life." He said, "Now ask what you will, and it'll be given to you."
95 He said, "That yonder's mountain would open up, and I could go therein and find the gold in the mountain."
96 "Well," he said, "you will have to take me with you wherever you go. See? You'll have to take me with you. So, wherever I am, then you can ask what you will."

97. He walked to the mountain, and the mountain opened up, and he went in. The shelves was full of gold and diamonds, as the little fairy story goes. He laid the flower down on a--on a table or a rock. And he run, he grabbed a great big gem, and he said, "I must go show this to my friends. And now I'm a rich man. I have everything now. I must show this."
98 And so the flower spoke, "But," said, "you have forgot the main thing."
99 So he runs back and picks up, said, "Well, maybe I'll--I'll get a piece of gold. I'll get a piece of silver." And so he said, "I'll--I'll hurry out, to tell the people how rich I am, and what all I've got."
100 And he got to the door, and the flower said, "But you forgot the main thing."
101 So he runs back again. He said, "In here we find all kinds of materials." So, he picked up a stone. He said, "I'll go, take this stone and show the people what kind of a stone this mountain is made out of, so I can find my way back to it." See?
102 And he started out the door, and the flower said, for the... its final time, "You have forgot the main thing."
"Oh," he said, "oh, shut up."
103 See, he didn't want to hear it any more, "Forgot the main thing," and he ran out thedoor. And when he did, the door closed behind him, with the flower on the inside. The main thing was the flower. See? The main thing was the flower.


Come Follow Me - 63-0601 - William Branham

No comments: