2011-06-12

And that's God there alone

Share
54. That's the reason Jesus said... And I believe if you got somebody... You can love anybody that loves you, but can you love those who do not love you? That's the Spirit of Christ. See? When those will mistreat you and say evil against you and from your heart you still love them, then you know you're getting close to the Kingdom then. See? So He said, "If we love those who love us only, what reward have we?"
So I looked at the old eagle and I noticed those great big gray eyes as he was batting. And I thought, "Well, what's--what could I see godly about that fellow? He's part of the creation. Well, what could I see godly about him?" I noticed he wasn't afraid. And that's God there alone.

55. God doesn't have no use for a coward. If you're afraid to trust Him, don't even make an effort. Until you're satisfied that He keeps His Word and He keeps His promise, then there's nothing going to stop you. That's right. But be sure you know where you're standing, because you'll only make yourself worse.
Then I noticed him... I thought, "Aren't you afraid of me?" I had my rifle setting against a tree. I said, "I can grab my rifle and shoot you." And he just set there. And I noticed, "What... why you so--why is he not afraid?" And I noticed that he had his wings. He kept feeling them, see if the feathers was all in running order.
I thought, "That's it. God has given him two wings. He's got confidence in them. He knows that he could be in that timber before I get my hand on that gun. And he's got perfect confidence in his God-given way of escape." And if a eagle in God's universe can have enough confidence in a God-given gift of his wings, how much more ought we, the children of God, to have confidence in the Holy Spirit, even though the doctor says you're going to die with a cancer, just as long as you can feel that power of God there, let everything be a lie and God's Word be truth.

56. I watched him. I thought, "There You are God. I see You now, because he's not afraid." God hates a coward. Love casts out fear. So if you've got love, you don't have any fear. There's nothing... Fear don't have one bit of value about it. There's not one thing... It'll hinder you.
You say, "Well, what if you are going to be shot in the morning? Wouldn't you be scared?" No, sir. Fear couldn't help me. Fear could only make me worse. Well, what could faith do for you if they're already assigned that you're going to die in the morning? Faith can sign my pardon. Amen.

57. So let me take faith. If the doctor says you're going to die with a cancer, that's all he knows about. Have faith, and it will change the situation for you. If he says you'll never walk again, the man's telling the truth; that's all he knows. That's what he can look at, what he can... He can only go by his senses: feel, smell, taste, hear.
But you see, faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things you don't feel, taste, smell, or hear. It's faith. You believe it. It's a sixth sense beyond the five senses.

58. Then I looked at that fellow, I thought, "Oh, I admire you." I said, "God, I see You in that eagle." And he looked at me a little while and he found out that I was his friend, so I wasn't going to hurt him. And after while, he kept looking over to that pine squirrel. And I noticed that pine squirrel was--was the one was cursing him so bad.
And he got enough of it. So he just stooped down and made a big flop with his wings, in about two
flops he went beyond the timber. And I noticed what he did. I shall never forget it.

59 Listen, you trappers, hunters, he knowed how to set his wings. And there as the breeze come up the mountain. Every time the breeze would come, he'd just ride up on it. Another breeze would come, he'd ride a little higher. Then another breeze would come, he'd go a little higher. He never moved a feather. He just knowed how to set his wings.
And I stood and watched him until he went plumb out of sight. I stood there and the tears running down my cheeks. I said, "That's it, God. That's the idea. It's not..."
[Blank.spot.on.tape--Ed.]... and flew on away. O God! That's it. Just know how to put your trust in His Word and say it's truth. God in His universe... You believe He's in His universe? He's in His flowers. Can you see Him now, what I mean, in the sunset, the sunrise, in the holding of the earth, the turning of the solar system, all that He is? I could take a hours and hours, just on that one subject: God in His universe.

Show Us The Father - 61-0521 - William Branham

No comments: