2009-12-19

It'll take perfect love

Share
104. THUS SAITH THE LORD, it'll take perfect love to put you in that place, for that's all there was there. No matter how many, how much religious demonstrations, how many good deeds you done, or whatever you done, that won't count nothing on that day. It'll take perfect love. So whatever you do, you lay aside everything else, until you are just so filled with the love of God, till you can love those who hate you.
I'm just, as I said this morning, I was made... My whole makeup is grace. A lot of people say, "Now, you scratch my back, and I'll scratch yours. Yeah, you do something for me, and I'll do something for you." That's not grace. Grace is, if your back is itching, I'll scratch it anyhow, whether you scratch mine or not; you slap me on the face, and say, "my back needs itching, needs scratching," I'll scratch it. See? That's it; do something. I don't believe in works; I believe that works is love. Works is--works is the manifestation that grace has taken place.
I don't live true to my wife because I believe she'd divorce me if I didn't; I live true to her because I love her.

106. I don't preach the Gospel, 'cause I think I'd go to hell if I didn't; I preach the Gospel because I love Him. Certainly. You think I'd cross those stormy seas, and them planes diving back and forth, and lightning flashing around, and--and everything else, and most any minute... and everybody screaming, and "Hail Mary's" a going on through the plane, and everything... Them people a-swinging in them safety belts, and the pilot saying, "Enough gas to last fifteen minutes longer, don't know where we're at." Do you think I'd do that just--just for the fun of doing it? Huh. You think I'd get back out there in the jungles where German soldiers had to put their arms around me like this each night and take me in and out of the meeting, until the Holy Spirit begin to perform miracles, communists setting with night scopes, to shoot me a mile away. You think I'd do that just for the fun of it? Because something in me, love. They're humans that Christ died for. Paul said, "I'm not only willing to go up to Jerusalem, but I'm going up there to be crucified. I'm going up to die. I'm going up there to die for the cause of the Lord." It's something, love that constrains you, that makes you. That's exactly right.


Adoption #4 - 60-0522E - William Branham

No comments: