2011-03-12

Let's be like Him

Share
God wants to come in and control you. He doesn't want to come in and be controlled by you; He wants to come in for His own purpose of controlling you and leading you to Eternal Life, something good for you. When you accept Jesus, you must say, "Thou art my God. Thou art my Lord. Take me all that I am, soul, body, and spirit; I dedicate myself to You. No--no intellectuals of my own at all, just leaning on Your everlasting arm."

Where He leads me, I will follow.
Though the way gets hard and weary,
I'll watch for His footprints all along the way.
Whether it's uphill or downhill,
Whether it's home or across the seas,
Where He leads me, just let me follow.

Don't let me try to lead Him, but let Him lead me.
Now, that's the basis that Jesus wants to come into the heart. Jesus longs to come into the heart on those basis. Now, we are trusting the Lord to do those things for us.

Now, let's look into the human heart, if it has doors inside the door. Now, people say, "Jesus, come into my heart, because I don't want to go to torment when I die. I want to accept You as my Saviour, but I don't want You to be my Lord."
Now, there's quite a difference. He can be your Saviour and still not be your Lord. When He's Lord, He's Lord over all. Every part of you, He's Lord, welcome to any place in your heart.
Now, let's look into the human heart just for a few moments. Into the human heart, I'm going to make just a little--kind of a mythical draw. Just as you turn in, after you get into the door of the heart, there's another little door. It's a room that goes into another compartment of the heart. And that little door is the door of pride.

Now, people don't want Jesus fooling around with any of their pride. Now, they got their own prestige, and they must be sure they keep up with the Joneses. "So if accepting Jesus is going to take me off of that scale, then I don't want Him fooling around in that door. Stay out of there, Jesus! You're my Saviour, but don't go in there; because I'm a great man. I'm a self-made man." That's what's the matter with you, is the "self-made."
"Now, I've got my own societies that I attend, and I--I've got my own prestige in my neighborhood, and I've got my own dignities that I have to look after. So don't bother that door."
But Jesus has got to come in there, if He's going to be Lord. He's got to look around.
To some of the ladies with pride... They say, "Now, look. If going down there... Now, Jesus is my Saviour, all right. But when He tells me how I'm going to dress, You keep out of that room." But you see, He's got to be Lord over your dressing too. You say, "Now, if it's going to interfere with me wearing shorts, I don't want nothing to do with that kind of a religion." See, you won't open that door of pride. You're all stuck up. "If I can't wear manicure..." What is it, lipstick, or that stuff they put on their face... "If I can't wear that, well then, I look so pale." Huh. Max Factor's does... God brings the real thing to your face.

But you see, pride... The rest of the women. "If I have to let my hair grow out..." Now, I'm not saying this, that, or the other; I'm just talking about the Bible. See? The Bible said a woman that cuts her hair cuts her--she cuts away her glory. Right. She dishonors her husband when she does it. Used to be, you full Gospel women, all wore long hair. What happened? "Why," you say, "that's my American privilege."
But if you're a lamb... If you are a lamb, a lamb sacrifices everything that he's got. A lamb hasn't got nothing but wool. But he lays right there and let them shear it off of him, and says nothing about it.
The Bible can shear everything, all the pride and everything else out of you. You'll--if you're a lamb, you'll say nothing about it. But you try a goat one time. You'll have a fuss kicked up right quick.
But that's what's the matter. We won't open that door. We want to be like somebody else. When you accept Jesus, let's be like Him, the way He says.

Door To The Heart - 59-1128 - William Branham

No comments: