2011-08-19

Find your purpose

Share
267. One day, a mother's boy had killed a man. He was laying there, ready to die. And so the little mother stood by the governor's door, and they asked in. And, finally, with one of the guards, said, "Governor, that mother of that boy is out here, wants you. She wants to see you."
268. And when they opened the door, and said, "Madam, he will receive you."
269. The poor little thing crawled on her hands and knees, up to his feet, laid his hands... her hands upon his feet, and said, "Governor, honorable sir," said, "you're the only man that's left, that can spare my son. Please, kind sir. I know he's guilty. He's just as guilty. Your courts of justice found him guilty." And how many of us are not guilty in the courts of God? "Your courts of justice found him guilty. He actually killed, and he's subject to death. I know that. But, sir, as a man, you have no right to take the life of my boy. God only can give life, and only God can take life. Don't do it, sir. Please don't. I beg of you, as a heart of a mother could bear." And so he sent her away.
270. It broke his heart, so much, the pleading of that mother, till he goes down to the jail, to the prison where the boy was setting back in the prison.

271. The man had built up a complex. Just about like the church has done today, "You'll either preach It the way I like It," or you won't hear It at all. "I won't pay no attention!" Was... and set there. Man after man had come to him, trying to talk to him. He had built himself till he wasn't going to hear no more.
272. So the governor walked in. He said, "Son, I'd like to talk to you."
He said, "Shut up and get out of here," in his cell.
He said, "Son, I've come to help you."
Said, "I told you to get out of here."
273. That's the way people does the Holy Spirit today. Yeah. "Get out. I don't want nothing to do with It." And knocks at the door. "If I do that, I'll have to give up my card party. I'll have to give upthis. I'll have to give up that. I'll have to give up my church creed. I'll have to give." See? You better listen. He's the only One has got pardon. That's right. What are you looking at? See?

274. He had looked at so many things, he was afraid to look at this man. He kept his head turned.
275. That's the way people do today at the altar call. They keep their head turned. They don't want to hear It. They'd turn their head from God Who is telling them, "That's the Truth." A little, wee Voice, like a touch.
276. You know, Elijah, he heard the rushing wind, blood, fire, smoke, and it didn't bother him. But when he heard that little Voice, he come out. Oh, that little Voice that the church has failed to hear! Right.
277. So, the--the--the man tried his best. The governor tried to talk to the boy. The boy said, "Are you going to get out of here or am I going to throw you out."
278. Turned around and said, "All right, son. I done the best I could do."

279. When he walked out, the boy looked around, kind of arrogant, as he walked down through the hall.
280. And when he did, one of the guards stepped out and said, "Governor, did you do any good?"
He said, "No. He wouldn't listen."
281. That boy jumped. He grabbed the bars, said, "Who was that?"
"That was the governor. Come for your pardon."
282. Too late then. He screamed. He cried. He said, "Think of it. The governor, here in my own cell, to pardon me, and I turned him down."
283. And when they put the rope around his neck, before they put the black mask on, after he had walked the thirteen steps, last words he said, "Think of it. The governor stood in my cell, for pardoning, and I turned him down." And they hung him.

284. Oh, there's more than a governor here this morning. Jesus Christ is here. And that little cell, called man or woman, He's here to give pardon. Don't, don't turn Him away. Don't do it. Find your purpose that God brought you here in life.

Look – 63-0428 – William Branham

No comments: