2012-11-25

Do you wish to have it?

Share
Notice, "Abraham, I'm going to show you how I'm going to do it." And here's the 16th chapter--the 15th chapter, I believe it is, of Genesis. It's a beautiful picture. Now, Abraham was put to sleep by God. "Now, you don't have one thing, Abraham, that you can do to save yourself. But I'm going to show you how I'm going to do it." Now, He put him to sleep so he would be out of the picture altogether. And we're not saved by works; it's by grace, through faith, we are saved, not one thing you can do. Not one little corner could you turn to merit anything towards your salvation; it's a free gift of God by grace. That's right. If you give me a thousand dollars, and I say, "Well, I'll straighten up your tie, sir, for that." A little thing like that, yet you never give me the thousand dollars for I did something to merit that. It's absolutely a free gift of God, that He knocks at your hearts and says, "Do you wish to have it?" That's all.
Jehovah Jireh - 57-0810 - William Branham

No comments: