2010-12-16

Keep your eyes on Christ

Share
210. So, Elijah, walked right on down to the river, with Elisha. And when they got down to Jordan, death, last stage of the journey, old prophet reached over and pulled off his mantle, struck the waters; and the waters divided hither and thither, and the two walked across as on dry land. The preachers stood off and looked at them go across. Amen.

When they got on the other side... Now, after... Oh, I hope this soaks into the Branham Tabernacle, plumb down to the marrow of the bone. Not when he was at Gilgal; not when he was at the school of the prophet; neither when he was on this side of Jordan; but after he'd crossed Jordan, followed him every step of the way...

You're willing; you say, "I accept Jesus as my personal Saviour. I'll quit my bad habits." But come down to Jordan, where you have to die out, where all the things of the world, all your friends and everything, has forsaken you. Keep your eye on Him alone.

213. Then what? He said, "I'm going to go with you, right on through Jordan." Amen. I like that. Why? "I'm going to be a witness of this," and he passed through Jordan.

Notice. Here it is. I want you to get it. After he crossed Jordan, then he said, "What will you that I do for you?" That's what Christ wants to know of the church tonight. "After you're separated from the things of the world, after you become a new creature in Christ Jesus, after you're born again, filled with the Holy Ghost, crossed over Jordan, all the things of the world dead, behind you, now ask what I can do for you." I like this.

215. He said, "That a double portion of your Spirit come upon me." That preacher knowed what he was talking about. "A double portion, 'cause I want to witness that much more."

He said, "You've asked a hard thing. But if you will see me when I go away, it shall be. What you asked you shall have." Now, brother, you talk about a preacher watching the other one; he was really watching him.

That's what the Church ought to be doing tonight for a double portion of the Spirit, is watching Christ, watching the Holy Ghost, the way It moves. Notice.

218. He said, "You've asked a hard thing." But he couldn't keep one eye on the world and one eye on Elijah. He had to put both eyes right straight on Elijah and follow him. Right.

The trouble of it is tonight, we got too many Christian people, professing Christians, got one eye on the world and the other one on the cross. You'll fall, as sure as the world. Let your eyes be single; let your heart be single; let your thoughts be single. Amen. Brother that rubs in, but that hurts, but it's good.

220. We, as little kids, we used to have to take castor oil all the time. Mama, back there, she used to give me castor oil, and I'd hold my nose and gag. She'd say, "Honey, if it..."
I'd say, "That stuff makes me so sick."
She'd said, "If it don't make you sick, it don't do you any good."
So maybe, there it is. Maybe, the Gospel, can It be applied the same way? If It don't stir you all up, It won't do you any good.

Keep your eyes on Christ. Keep moving on. Don't care what the world says. Keep moving on. "They that are sons of God are led by the Spirit of God." Is that right? "There is therefore now no condemnation to them that are in Christ Jesus, that walk not after the flesh (or the things of the world), but after the Spirit." No condemnation, walking on.

Witnesses - 53-0405E - William Branham

No comments: