2012-06-17

It is more precious than gold to us

Share
God brings tensions into the church, "For every son that cometh to God must be tried, and proven, and tested. He lets sickness strikes you. He lets diseases come on you to test you and to prove you, to show the world that you're truly the seed of Abraham. He permits it by His own will. He permits disasters; He permits the friends to turn against you. He permits all these things, and turns the devil loose to tempt you, and he'll do all but take your life. He could throw you on a bed of affliction; he could turn your neighbors against you; he could turn the church against you; he can do most anything, and it's God's will for him to do it. We are taught that it is more precious than gold to us.

What about Abraham with Isaac, on the mountain, the one the promise was given, and by his loyalty and his knowing, and his faith in Jehovah, it's through that and that alone that God looked down and said, "His seed shall possess the gates. I've sworn by Myself that I'll do these things." There's no one greater He could swear by, but He swore by Himself. Then if He let Abraham be tested to that final point, He's got to test you and me to that final moment, that time of decision when everything's away from you, you have to stand alone there. Hallelujah. That's it.

Stand alone. Walk out there and say, "Though He slay me, yet I'll trust Him." That's the seed of Abraham. That's the One that gives the promise. No matter what the rest of them says, and the rest of them do; "For me and my house, we'll serve God," said... If the rest of them says there's nothing to the experience, it's a bunch of excitement; "For me and my house, we will serve God." And I like to take up with Paul right here and say, "In the way that's called heresy so worship I the God of our fathers." Though they be tattlers come in the church, though they be twisters, and though they be all kinds of false prophets, and everything come into the church amongst the people, and in the neighborhood and everything, but for me and for my house, we'll serve the Lord. Though all of them quit coming, though the church gets cold, indifferent; me and my house, we'll serve the Lord. Though if someone was prayed for and didn't get well, that has nothing to do with it; for me and my house, we serve the Lord. The testings and the trials...

Men are not infallible, but God is. Man, you get your mind on a man, he'll make a mistake. Maybe not wilfully, but he'll do it. God permits him to do it so that He can shake your faith away from man. Our faith is not in the wisdom of man, but in the power of the resurrection of Jesus Christ. That's where the true seed of Abraham rests their promise, because they can only be the seed of Abraham when they receive the Holy Spirit. Without the Holy Spirit they're not the seed of Abraham. And that same faith that was in Abraham comes into the believer. No matter what takes place or wh--how contrary, the believer marches right on.
Possessing The Enemy’s Gates – 59-1108 – William Branham

No comments: