2014-01-12

So I love Him for it

Share
If you loved your wife, you wouldn't hurt her. If you loved your children, you wouldn't want to do anything wrong to them. And how about your heavenly Father? So you see, "Though I speak with tongues of men and Angels, and though I have all knowledge and all wisdom, though I have faith to move mountains and have not love, I am nothing. (See?) Where there's tongues, they shall cease and where there's prophecy, it shall vanish. And knowledge shall vanish, and prophecy shall fail, and all these things. But when that which is perfect is come, it endures forever."

Dear dying Lamb, Thy precious Blood
Shall never lose its power,
Till all the ransomed Church of God
Be saved, to sin no more. See?
Ever since by faith I saw that stream
Thy flowing wounds supplied,
Redeeming love has been my theme,
And shall be till I die.

That's my theme, is love. Law works fear. Law is negative; works is negative. But love is positive. See? It's absolutely positive. You can trust anybody when they love you, not because they fear you, but because they love you. And that's how I trust Him, because I know He loves me. And it's a love affair, and not a works affair, or fear, and if, and if, and if, and if, there's no "if" to it. God's done it, and that settles it. So I love Him for it.
Gifts - 56-1207 - William Branham

No comments: