2009-04-02

God did a slip-up?

Share
"Well, I'm going to tell you something. One time there was a king had a great kingdom, and all of his domain, he made the rules and regulations, the penalties and so forth, and when he did, he had a certain sin when it was committed, the penalty was death."

"And every man that did this sin had to die for it. And one day a slave committed this penalty. He had to die. He brought him up before the king, and the king said, 'I'm a man of honor. I keep my word and you have committed, according to my rules here in my kingdom... And being a righteous man that keeps my word, my word says here that there is no atonement for that sin. You have to die. And the only thing I can do is take your life.'"
"'And the poor fellow said... Begin to shake and he said, 'Now, wait a minute.'" Said, "'Straighten up.' Said, 'What can I do for you before I take your life?'
"'He said, the slave that was under the penalty of death, said, 'I want a glass of water.' And so the king said, 'Give him a glass of water.' And when he got it, the poor fellow fixing to have his head cut off, he was just shaking, he couldn't hold it. And the king said, 'Wait a minute. Straighten up. I'm not going to take your life until you drink that water.' And he threw it on the ground. Now what's he going to do? Now, he is a man of honor. He has to keep his word. And his atonement said that--that there is... or I mean, His Word says there is no penalty... or no redemption for this sin, and yet the king has spoke and said that he won't kill him until he drinks the water. It's impossible; he throwed it on the ground." I said what...
He said, "That was a slip-up on the king."
I said, "That's right. And you think God did a slip-up?" And I said, "not include it in the atonement when He put it in His Word." I said, "Oh, brother, that's thinner than the broth made out a shadow of a chicken that starved to death." I said, "That'll never work. No, sir. God put it in His Word, and it's for those who believe, only believers."


All Things Are Possible - 56-0722 - William Branham

No comments: