2009-04-01

Wouldn't it excite you too?

Share
87. Over here in Illinois, I was walking in one time to a--a--a museum. And I seen an old Negro there, just a little white rim around his head of hair. He had his hat in his hand, looking around everywhere. He got up at something; he stopped; the tears rolled down his cheeks. I seen him saying his prayer. I watched him a little bit. I walked over to him. I patted him on the shoulder. I said, "Uncle. I'm a reverend." I said, "I would like to ask you one thing." I said, "What excited you to make you pray?"
He said, "Come here, parson." Said, "Look at there."
And I couldn't see nothing, I said, "Just a woman's dress."
He said, "But you see that blood on there?"
I said, "Yes."
He said, "That's the blood of Abraham Lincoln." Said, "There's a scar here on my side from a slave belt." He said, "That blood taken a slave belt off of me. Wouldn't it excite you too?"
I put my arm around him. I said, "If the blood of Abraham Lincoln would excite and stir a slave to emotion from coming off the slave belt, what ought the Blood of Jesus Christ preached under the power of the Holy Ghost, do to the Church of the living God?" Yes. Certainly. It's true.
Men of vision, men who understand, men who take God at His Word... We've got to do that, friend. We must believe God and act like Christians.


Inter Veil - 56-0121 - William Branham

No comments: