2008-09-27

Was you perfect?

Share
50. Danny Greenfield... Not long ago a--a famous preacher went through Central America, here. And he said he dreamed one night, he died. And said, when he died, he thought he went up to heaven. And he--he knocked at the door, and the--a door keeper come, he said, "Who approaches this holy place."
He said, "I'm Danny Greenfield, from America, the evangelist."
Said, "Just a moment, Mr. Greenfield. I'll look on the book and see if I see your name." Went in and looked on the book; He said, "Sorry. No Dan Greenfield here."
He said, "Sir, I was an evangelist in America, and I held great meetings, and hundreds of people received the Lord Jesus." Said, "Surely, you overlooked my name."
He said, "There's no Dan Greenfield here, sir. You're not registered."
Said, "What can I do?"
Said, "The only thing," the Angel said, "the only thing I know you could do: you might appeal your case to the great white throne."
He said, "Well, if that's my only hope, I'll have to do it."
And said, seemed like he started off, moving. And he moved through space for a long time, real swiftly. Said he begin to come into a Light. And as he got deeper and deeper into the Light, it seemed like it wasn't coming from any certain place, but just a great Light. Said he got slower and slower till he got right in, seemed like the midst of it, and he stopped. He said, "Such a feeling." Said, "he trembled all over." And said "Directly, a voice came from there that would've shook the world to pieces. Said, 'Who is it, approaches My throne of judgment?'"
He said, "I, Danny Greenfield, the American evangelist."
He said, "Mr. Greenfield, you have come to My justice?"
"Yes," he said, "Lord, I have come to Your justice."
He said, "I will judge you by My holy law." He said, "Danny Greenfield, did you ever tell a lie?"
He said "I was just ready to say, 'No, I never... '" said, "but I thought I had told some things that wasn't altogether the truth." Said, "He said, 'Yes, Lord, I've told lies.'"
He said, "Danny Greenfield, did you ever steal."
He said, "Surely I could answer that. I thought I'd been honest." But said, "In the Presence of that great Light, I remembered a lot of shady deals I pulled."

51. And brother, sister, you may think you're all right under this Light, but wait till you get in the presence of that Light. Better be sure.
He said, "Yes Lord, I've stole."
He said, "Danny Greenfield, to enter into My kingdom, thou must be perfect. Was you perfect?"
He said, "No Lord, I wasn't perfect."
Said, "All my bones begin to come loose." He said, "I knowed that the next great blast would come: I'd heard that great voice say, 'Separate from Me forever, you worker of iniquity.'" Said, "Just as I was listening for that voice," said, "I heard the sweetest voice I ever heard in my life." Said, "There was no mother's voice could ever be like that." And said, "I turned to look, and I saw the sweetest face that I ever looked at." Said, "No mother's face could be that sweet." And said, "He come close, put His arm around me. He said, 'Father, truly, Danny Greenfield wasn't perfect in his life. But here's one thing Danny Greenfield did do, when he was on earth, he stood for Me, and I'll stand for him here.'"
Who would stand for you, tonight, friend, if you were going tonight? Let's bow our heads and think of it, just for a moment.


The Queen Of The South - 58-0613 - William Branham

No comments: