2009-09-27

I'm in Christ

Share
149. Desperation. "When thou seekest Me with all thine heart, then I'll hear you." See?
The Kingdom... The law and the prophets were until John. Since then, the Kingdom of heaven's been preached, and men press into It. You don't just stand around and say, "Pick me up by the collar, Lord, push me in." You press into it. You get desperate, between life and death.

151. Wished I had time for another story, that I'm thinking right now of a woman, a girl took a wrong road, and how she'd turned new pages and things, till I said, "Sister..."
She got up and said, "I--I believe I'll be all right."
I said, "No, no. Stay there."
And then, the first thing you know she started praying a little bit and directly she got louder and louder. And after while she got desperate, said, "Oh, God, save me."
Alcohol Anonymous couldn't cure it. Nothing else could do it. But them big, black eyes looked at me, and the tears dropping off her cheeks; she said, "Something's happened." Oh, yeah. Yes, sir. Something happened. She got desperate.
Let's be desperate about this; it's between death and life. If you can't get desperate, don't come through here. If you are desperate, come here and watch, you--you'll get it just as soon as you get here.

155. Let us pray. In desperation watch for the Kingdom of God; It'll come upon you.
Our heavenly Father, I pray Thee in Jesus' Name, be merciful unto us, Lord. And start in us a desperation. Oh, Lord God, have mercy upon us; I pray, and let the people seek Thee tonight with desperate hearts. We know You're here, Lord. You're the same yesterday, today, and forever.
And now, may these people who has the Token, that they've passed from death unto Life, they've changed from the old worldly life to a new one... They have... The Blood has been applied and God give them a Token sign. May they take that Token in their hands, them that's sick, say, "I am a purchased product of God. I am in Christ, and in Him is no sickness. I'm in Christ, and in Him is no sin. I'm in Christ, and in Him is no unbelief. I renounce everything that the devil has told me. I take my Token that my... 'He was wounded for my transgressions; He was bruised for my iniquity; the chastisement of my peace was upon Him; and with His stripes I was healed.' And I now hold the Token that God has recognized me that--purpose--person--purchased by the Blood of the Lord Jesus. And I hold the Token of His death in my hands, because He has raised again, and I am His and He's mine. I go with determined faith, that from this night on, I believe God, and I'll be healed when I get there, and meet the requirements; because the last words that fell from His lips was this: 'If they lay hands on the sick, they shall recover.'" Grant it, Lord. May a desperation set in, for I ask it in Jesus' Name. Amen.


Desperation - 63-0901E - William Branham

No comments: