2010-07-29

I wish I could've took his place

Share
Now, how did it happen? How could it be? How did that flunky ever let Jesus get by? Here He is, setting at the supper, at the dinner, with unwashed feet. He's sitting over in the corner. Oooh, I wish I could've been that flunky. I wish I could've took his place. Here's Jesus, somehow... Oh, he got Dr. Jones' feet, certainly. He got all the rest of them. He washed them and anointed them. Simon kissed him welcome. And there they are, standing over there, so entertained. "Oh, Dr. Jones, you know what? Over at the so-and-so, the other day, Pharisee So-and-so... Do you remember Pharisee So-and-so? You remember?" Oh, so busy talking about the affairs, till they failed to see Jesus come in. And I wonder, today, if we're not so interested whether we are Methodist, or Baptist, or Presbyterian, we failed to see Jesus come in. O God, have mercy.

The Unwelcomed Christ - 55-0911 - William Branham

No comments: