2010-07-28

You just believe me with all your heart

Share
68. These artists, a bunch of artists, went to Rome to study art. All of them would go out of nighttime, most all of them, and get on a big drunk, boys and girls, and lay out together just as a--some of the modern Americans do. Layout...
I went to a place, here in this very state, where they was having a convention. And I never was so embarrassed in all my life. There's a great big fellow setting up there with a big hat on, all flowered up like this, and all kinds of robes, and things on. And the little boys and girls of sixteen, seventeen years old, sleeping together in the hotel room. The next morning, all of them coming down, bowing down and "Father So-and-so..." Oh, my, just to think; perverting them poor children's mind into such stuff as that, when God raised them to be sons and daughters of God, to be pure and holy, sanctified by the power of God, washed in the Blood of the Lamb.

69. I know that makes people hate me sometimes, but you'll love me when I meet you over yonder. I'll tell you the truth; it's a foundation. If it... No matter what it cost, that... You'll be sincere. And tell the truth. Recognize it to be God. "Be holy for I am holy," He said. Quit living in sin.
These people'd go out and drink and carry on. But one young man they noticed. That young man, he didn't carry on like that. He lived clean; at nighttime he come home and went to bed. He lived like a gentleman should live. And one day the old caretaker said, "I like to take a walk with you, son."
He said, "All right." They started up the hill, walking together towards the setting of the sun.
And he said, "Young fellow, you came over with that bunch of Americans, didn't you?"
And he said, "Yes, sir, I did."
He said, "I want to ask you something."
He said, "All right."
He said, "Why is it that you don't go out, and drink, and carry on and lay out with the girls, and things, all through the night, and come in the next morning the way they do?"
He stopped, put his arm around the old man. He said, "You see the way that sun is setting yonder in the west?"
He said, "Yes, sir, I do."
He said, "Beyond that setting of the sun, there's a certain state, in the New England states." And said, "In that certain state is a certain city. And in that certain city, is a certain house. And in that certain house, is a girl. And that girl, I vowed before I come here, to be true to her that when we--I return, we're going to be married. She made a vow to me, a promise. Therefore, sir, all of my attention is attracted, as far as it comes to women, towards that girl at that place." And he said, "I live today, for tomorrow to come." What a testimony.

70. What a Christian can say. Why don't you smoke? Why don't you have a little fun? Why don't you do this like the rest of them doing?
Oh, you can say, "Beyond a certain star, there's a certain city. And in that certain city is a certain Person. Hallelujah. Oh, I live for Him, for He died for me. And someday He's coming. And I live for that Life that is to come."
Oh, brother, believe me; I tell you the truth. I tell you what is the truth. God knows that I'm telling you the truth. You just believe me with all your heart.

Hearing, Receiving And Acting - 60-0607 - William Branham

No comments: