2010-11-08

That's what God wants tonight

Share
46. My friend, that's what God wants tonight. That--that's what Christians ought to be tonight, to display the love of Jesus Christ regardless of what the circumstances is. Think of it. As a Christian you might belong to the finest church there is in this country, but has God ever come to your heart to give you love that would stand in the face of people who would call you holy-roller. You'd take your stand with the church of the living God. If they said you'd lost your mind because you accept Him as your Healer, you'd still stand and give the praises to God that love in you. If not sure, friend and backslider, God's here to give it to you. Think of it while we bow our heads.
Just before we pray, I want to ask a question. I want you to think sincerely. "Oh," you say, "Brother Branham, I--I--I've been a Christian for a long time." Maybe you've joined church a long time ago. Maybe you--you might've have danced in the Spirit some time ago. You might've spoke in tongues some time ago. You might've been baptized by a certain creed in the church. You might burn a candle every night and say a rosary. But I want to ask you something: Really, do you love Him, that you could display your love, that has stood between... Your death to do so.

47. I want all that's in here that really knows... Be sincere, 'cause you're in the Presence of God. All that's in here that knows you haven't got that love in your heart, but you want God to give it to you, would you just raise your hand to Him. That's right. God bless you. Sure. Hundred and fifty, two hundred, I guess, say three hundred hands up. "God give me that love. Give to me the love of Christ like that mother deer had." It just was her love for her baby... You say, "Brother Branham, isn't the love of God greater than that?" Far greater.
"A mother may forget her suckling baby, but never can I forget you. Your names are engraved on the palms of My hands." Sure, by a Roman spike. "God so loved the world that He gave His Son." Would there be some more who's made up your mind since then? God bless you here, sonny. God bless you, lady. God bless you, sir. That's right.

48. Someone else that hasn't raised your hands: "God, be merciful to me." Say, "Does it do me any good if I raise my hand, Brother Branham?" Sure, if you needed a change from death to Life. God bless you, sir. Be sincere now. God bless you, little boy.
Some more up in the balcony area. God be with you. God give... God bless you there, brother. "Give me Thy God." Oh, bless us. I'm a church mem... God bless you, and you sister, and you sister.
I'm a church member, Brother Branham (God bless you), but I haven't yet got that love. There's no need for me to be thinking it, 'cause I haven't got it, but I want something real. God bless you, brother here against the wall.
Out in the vestibule. Would you raise your hand anywhere out there. Sinner friend, or backslider, or just a cold lukewarm church member. Say, "Be merciful." God bless you, sir. That takes a real man to do it. God bless you for it.

49. Say, "Does God see?" Sure, He sees you. God bless you, young man. Fifteen year old. "God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, and we today..." God bless you here, young man.
We just tried to join church, and we maybe shout a little, or dance a little, or speak in tongues. That's all right. I have nothing against that. But, brother, if you haven't got the love of God to go with that, it's no good.
Paul said, "Where there's prophecies, it'll fail; where there's tongues, it'll cease; where there's knowledge, it'll vanish. But that which is perfect is love, when it comes it'll endure forever."

No comments: