2012-03-11

He loved us so much that He died for us

Share
12. Jesus prayed that prayer that we might love one another as He loved us--as He loved us! And He loved us so much that He died for us. No one could love like that unless they--with the natural love, because it would not hold out. It won't express itself. It'll do as long as there's friendship connected with it. But when the friendships turn, then people begin to say, "Well, he did so-and-so. She did so-and-so. They backslid, they..." Real godly love goes after that backslider till it finds him. Godly love goes and stoops to the lowest of hell to pick up a man or a woman that's fallen.
That's what we're lacking today. We have a fine cultured church, educated, fine dressed, fine buildings, nice choirs, beautiful music, some of the best the world's ever had. But we are dying for some of that godly love.

13. Jesus expressed it well when He found the prostitute, drug before Him guilty of an adultery. And they drug her before Him, and said, "Now, the law requires for her to die. What do You say do about it?"
I tell you, He showed Himself what He was when He turned with these words, "Neither do I condemn thee. Go and sin no more." What more love could be than to take a wayward person like that, and see Who He was, and freely forgive the woman of her wrong.
He expressed it again greatly when He was dying at Calvary in His last words at the cross, and His enemies' spit was hanging on His face, He cried, "Father, forgive them for they know not what they do."
No one could love like Him. You can't manufacture that kind of a love. It's a--the gift of God that comes by the Holy Spirit, the only way you'll ever be able to have that love. "Though I speak with tongues of men and Angels and have not that kind of a love, I am nothing. Though I have faith to move mountains..." The Bible said...

14. I was speaking here a few days ago upon this Scripture, "Strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, and but few there'll be that will find it."
And a young man who was riding with me in a car, said, "How many would you say would be saved in this generation?"
I said, "Eight or ten."
"Oh," he said, "Don't say that, brother."
I'll say, "I'll lengthen it to fifty, and that's as many as I can go."
He said, "Fifty people?"
I said, "Jesus said when He was on earth, 'As it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be in the coming of the Son of man.' Days of Noah, there was eight souls saved." Now, remember a generation fades out each day, ends that generation. Take fifty a day for six thousand years and see what you've got.
And he said, "Well then, Brother Branham, I'd like to ask you this question. All the people that's claim to have the Holy Sprit, and so forth, won't they come in the resurrection?"
I said, "If they had the Holy Sprit. But what we been putting too much emphasis on, is on other things instead of the real thing, the love of God."

15. Paul said, "All these things could happen... I could have all wisdom, all knowledge, and yet have not love, it profit me nothing. I could speak with tongues like men and Angels, and still not have it." And we put so much emphasis upon these things, upon great healing revivals, and miracles being worked.
Did not Jesus say, "Many will come to me in that day, and say, 'Lord, Lord, have I not cast out devils in Your Name? In Your Name, haven't I done many mighty works?' I will say unto them, 'Depart from Me, you workers of iniquity, I did not even know you.'"
What a disappointment that will be. But look what a surprise it'll be when He said, those who didn't even think they deserved to be there... "When were You hungry and we fed You? When where You naked and we gave You clothes? We didn't know when You did this."
He said, "Insomuch as you've done it unto these, you've done it unto Me."

Living, Dying, Buried, Rising, Coming – 59-0403 – William Branham

No comments: