2009-11-12

You want to know a little secret?

Share
30-2. You might go all kinds of emotions, and carry on every way, and call in the name of religion. The heathens do the same thing. But give me a consecrated life that's dead and rose again in Christ Jesus, who lives in the Shekinah Glory, with the love of God around them; that's the person I would believe that's going to be there.
Put me beneath the veil, under the Blood of the Lord Jesus. Take all your gifts that you have in the Scripture. The devil can impersonate every one of them; but he can't impersonate love, 'cause love in genuine. The devil can't love. That's one thing he can't do. And when you get to a place that you love one another, and all the world is dead... And if you love God...

30-4. I was talking to a woman the other day that was just bawling me out like everything. She was going to--almost give me a whipping. I was setting with another man. And she said, "You start across this place, and I'll call the sheriff."
I said, "Well, sister dear, I was only..." I said, "We're Christians; we wouldn't do that."
She said, "Christians, there is no such thing." Real nasty... And she was bawling us out terribly.
I said, "But, lady, there is..." I said, "Don't you believe in Jesus Christ."
She said, "Oh, I believe in Him, but not in people."
I said, "You can't believe in Him without believing His people. You can't do it." Oh, she was doing everything but giving me a cursing. I walked out to the car--out of the car, went over. I said, "Sister, we only want to pass over a little place here." I said, "It'll be all right." I said, "I wouldn't have done it for anything." I said, "I'm--I'm working here."
And she said, "That's the way with you people. You think you can run over us old folks."
I said, "No, no, no." I said, "That's--that's all right. If you don't want us to do it. I don't know how we'll ever get the car out of here. We come in. Your husband told us we could."
"I don't care what he said. You're not doing it."
I said, "Well, we--we come in here." And I said...
She said, "Can't go out in that yard now."
I said, "Lady, do you see that mud? Why, you'd never get ten foot off where we're at now, off that grass and rock there." I said...
She said, "That's up to you to see to it, but you cross here and you're going... I'll go call the sheriff."
I said, "You have a perfect right, and I'm sorry that I didn't come and see you besides your husband." I said, "I'm sorry about it."

31-2. And she, oh, she was raging, and a puffing, and a blowing, and shaking her fist in my face, and everything. I set there with an old ragged pair of overalls on. And I said, "Well, I'm very sorry that I--that I disturbed you. I wouldn't have done it for nothing in the world, sister." I said, "I--I'm--I'm ashamed of myself." I said, "Your husband said it was all right. And it's all right." And I said...
She said, "You young people think you can run over us old folks."
I said, "No doubt that's what took place along the neighborhood here many times. But sister, we're Christians." I said, "I don't live here. I'm just working here to help some brother out."
She said, "You're working here?" Said, "What are you doing here?"
I said, "I'm a minister, a reverend."
She looked me up and down; She said, "A reverend?"
I said, "Yes ma'am."
She said, "What are you doing here?"
I said, "Trying to do a good deed to help somebody out."
"What's your name?"
I said, "My name is Branham."
She said, "Are you Brother Branham?"
I said, "Yes."
She said, "Forgive me." And her lips started quivering. She started crying. She said, "I'm a backslidden Methodist." She said, "I'm ashamed I acted the way I did."
I said, "God bless you, sister. Go back to church; won't you? Serve the Lord Jesus."

32-3. See, if you jumped out there and started fussing at her, and telling her you did have a right and so forth, and you...?... See what you'd have done? Just a few words of love go on down to the heart. Brother, let's get people inside the veil. That's right.
You want to know a little secret? That's how I conquer wild animals. That's how I conquer diseases, is by love. The love of God constrains us to do such a thing. Come in the veil. Won't you today, while we bow our heads for a moment of prayer?


Why Are People So Tossed About - 56-0101 - William Branham

No comments: