2009-08-28

Don't give up

Share
10. Now, they went off in such a hurry, without even considering God. And when they found out the seven days was up, well, their water supply was cut off. They didn't have any water to drink. And there they was out there with their cattle, and with their animals, and their water supply was cut off. And looks like that it was just about the end for them.
Now, that's what we do. Sometimes we go off on a tantrum somewhere and not think about God, not pray over it, ask the Lord whether we should do it or not, and we find out that our supply of blessings is cut off. Then we wonder sometime, "Well, wonder why I can't have no more blessings." You don't watch, you let down in your prayer life. You say, "Well, I'm a Christian." Well, that's the more sign you should pray, more than ever. Read the Bible every day. Pray every day. Don't make any decisions too harshly or too quickly, without first considering God about it. Ask Him, "Shall I do this, Father?" Ask Him, "Is it Your will for me to do this?" Then see what the Holy Spirit will speak to you. He might not give you a vision, but He will speak in some way to you, to let you know, if you'll be sincere and ask Him.

11. Then we see that when the crisis come it showed just who was (down in their heart) was yet a believer. That was Jehoshaphat. He said, "Well, here we are, no water."
And the other king said, "I guess the Moabites has brought us out here, and now they're going to slay us all, out here." But Jehoshaphat, the believer... Now, he'd kinda come to himself; he said, "Isn't there a prophet somewhere that we could consult the Lord?" That's a pretty good idea, don't you think so? As a... Said, "Couldn't we consult the Lord about this matter, if we're in this jeopardy here, and--and we're going to die or be defeated? Shouldn't we consult the Lord?"

12. Well, if a nation or an army should consult the Lord in a time of trouble, what about when a cancer has got you in a corner? when TB's got you in a corner? When afflictions got you in a corner, don't give up; let's consult the Lord about it and see what He'd have to say. See?
Maybe you'd say, "Well, I have... I'm a drunkard. I'm a harlot. I'm... I've--I've cursed all my life." Don't give up. Let's consult the Lord about it now, and see what He'd say about it.
Say, "Well, Brother Branham, I've tried for six years to be borned again of the Spirit of God, to receive the Holy Spirit. He's never yet come to me." Well, let's try again tonight, and see what the Lord will say, for He's always willing if we'll just get everything out of the way.


Prophet Elisha - 54-0723 - William Branham

No comments: