2011-01-21

Consider God's promise

Share
161. We had beans, and corn bread, and onions. I took a dish-full of them out and started eating them. The first bite went into my stomach liked to killed me. I had to hold my hand over my mouth to keep it from coming back. And it kept coming back, and I'd swallow it down, come back, I'd swallow it down. But I didn't consider my stomach. I considered what God said about it, not what I felt; it was burning me up.
I went out on the street, and was walking down the street like this, the water running out of my mouth. Said, "How do you feel, Billy?"
I said, "Wonderful."
Days passed; weeks passed; still walking, standing down in a ditch with my stomach, like this, holding my hand like that, tamping like that, singing, "Oh, how I love Jesus." Lay it down and throw some more dirt in, holler, "Oh, how I love Jesus." Just belching that food up, coming back, so swimmie-headed I could hardly work.
Said, "How you feel this morning? Billy, you sick?"
I said, "No, I feel wonderful."
Then later on when I testified, somebody said, "You lied then."
I said, "No, I never. I wasn't talking about these senses here in the body; they're dead. I reckon Christ alive in me." I said, "I was taking what He said, and I felt wonderful about it."
There you are. Consider not your own body. Consider not the diseases, for they are of the devil. Right. Consider God's promise.

Believing God – 52-0224 - William Branham

No comments: