2008-10-29

Ask plenty

Share
20. After Elijah had crossed over, got over on the other side, he said to the young prophet... And them two prophets represented perfectly, Christ and the Church. Elijah going away, leaving the authority with the Church, was a type of Christ going away, leaving the authority with the Church. But the church had to come through Lutheran age, through Methodist age, through the baptism of the Holy Spirit, die out to self in order to receive the blessing.
Now, they crossed the Jordan. And they're going up the hill. Elisha turns around and said, "What would you that I do for you, seeing that you've been patient to follow me from every place, and won't turn back. You're determined to go on?."
Elisha says, "That a double portion of your Spirit might come upon me." That's the way to ask. See? Ask plenty. So God likes to give it that way. Just a little... The trouble... People say, "I--I ask the Father so much..." Oh, my, don't be scared to ask Him: ask just all you can ask. He likes to give you just as much as you got faith to receive. He won't run out. God's got plenty a blessings.

21. Could you imagine a little fish about that long, out in the middle of the ocean saying, "I better drink of this water sparingly; I might run out someday"? Oh, my... that... Why, my... That's nothing compare with what the blessings God's got for you. Could you imagine a little mouse under the great garners of Egypt saying, "I just better eat a few grains each day, because it might not last through the winter"? Why, he could never eat it in a thousand lifetimes. Neither could you "off-surp" the blessings that God's got laid up from you if you live ten million years here on earth. There'll still be plenty of blessings for you left, for He is the inexhaustible fountain of Life. When you plant yourself in Him, by this fountain, it's like the tree that's planted by the rivers of water. How glorious. And how He likes to push forth His blessings to His people and give to them abundantly.


Prophet Elisha - 54-0723 - William Branham

No comments: