2008-10-09

What would your faith do today?

Share
31. What's Jesus doing? He's got his eyes set to Calvary. He's going right straight to Jerusalem to be offered up for a Sacrifice. The weight of every sin that was ever committed on the earth, or ever would be committed, rested upon His precious shoulders. He was a big Man. When people say bad things about you, if you can just go on forget it, that shows you're a big man. Little men can't tamper with it; He was too big to listen to their criticism. He had one thing to do; that's the Father's will. He had to die for those men.
So He kept going with His face set towards Calvary. You can imagine, the strain on Him, the seeing yonder, of Gethsemane, the agonies of Golgotha, the forsaking of God, the earth turning black, His shoulders rubbing, His face bleeding, His wounds. All was on Him, even to His scream, "Father, is it possible, that this cup..." And He--such agony till His water and Blood separated and dropped from His brow. Nothing, only extreme agony would do that. All that was resting upon Him.
And all one howl one thing and one another. But the apostles doing the best they could to keep the people away from Him. And He marched on towards Jerusalem.

32. And this blind man said, "Oh, my. My time is past. Oh, I can't let Him pass. Oh, Jesus, Thou Son of David, have mercy on me. Have mercy on me. Oh, He can't hear me; He's way up the road. What can I do?" Rebekah said, "Now, look (See?), if you will pray and ask God, something will happen. Just don't be excited. Just ask God."
Blind Bartimaeus then said, "O Jehovah, You know my condition, oh, I--I--I'm--I'm blind. I--I've waited, You've just been revealing something to me; I've been strangely stirred. That's why I'm here, and just at my opportunity."
And Jesus could be touched by the feeling of our infirmities. He can still be touched by the feeling of all that. He couldn't hear the man's voice, of course not. But his faith (Think of it.), the faith of a insufficient beggar; bum we'd call it today, blind man, dirty, ragged, setting by a gate side begging, stopped the Son of God on His march to Calvary. Yes, sir.
What would your faith do today? It'll bring Him from heaven down here to any individual.


Blind Bartimaeus - 56-0414 - William Branham

No comments: