2009-03-26

We're different

Share
97. One time there was a great plantation, it was told me, that they had many slaves. And a broker come by, said, "I'd like to look over your slaves."
Said, "I've got about a hundred here. Look them over."
And he noticed them all. They were sad. They'd been brought from Africa. They'd never go back. They whipped them and make them work, because they didn't want to work. They were sad. They were away from papa, and mama, husband, babies, and all. They never would see them no more. They was in a strange land. They never would see their loved ones no more.
But they happened to notice one young fellow there. My, his chest was out, his chin up. They didn't have to whip him around. He was right on the mark every time. That broker said, "I'd like to buy that slave."
He said, "He's not for sale."
He said, "What makes him so much different?" Said, "Is he the boss over the rest of them?"
Said, "No, he's just a slave."
He said, "Perhaps you feed him better than you do the rest of them?"
Said, "No. He eats out in the galley with the rest of them. He's just a slave."
Said, "What makes him so different from the rest of them?"
Said, "I once wondered myself. But I come to find out that over in the homeland his father is the chief, the king of the tribe. And he knows that he's a king's son. He conducts himself like one."
Friends, we're in a sinful world. Women, you're daughters of a King. Brothers, you're sons of the King. Let's conduct ourselves as sons and daughters of the King, right in this world. Don't be like them, fashion after them. We're different. We come... We're from another... We're aliens here. We're pilgrims. Let's conduct ourselves, act different, be different, be like up there in heaven.

98. Some few days ago wife and I, 'fore we come out here, went to a supermarket. We found a woman had a dress on. Meda said, "Isn't that strange, that lady?" She said, "Billy, I want to ask you." Said, "I know some of them women. They sing in choirs here in these denominational churches." Said, "Why is it our people..."
I said, "Honey. Look, look. We are not of the world. See? When I go to Germany, Germany has its way of doing. I go to Finland, it has its way of doing. I go to other nations, they have their way." And I said, "America, it has its way."
But I said... She said, "Well, aren't we Americans?"
I said, "No, honey. We're not Americans; we're Christians. We're living here, certainly. As a nation, this is ours." But I said, "We're from above. Then our women must act like up there. We must conduct ourselves like up there. That's the reason we don't act like the people of the world. We're different."


From That Time - 62-0713 - William Branham

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

totally agree ;)